Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Mon Nov 27, 2000  7:46 pm
Subject:  Re: In the minority

Isabelle Bracamonte wrote:

> So far the vote is: 17 yes, 5 no.

If this list sanctions censorship, I'm outta here. I don't remember ever
deliberately insulting anyone on this list, though I may have
inadvertently. But I do not want anyone to tell me what I can say or cannot
say on any list. It's just not worth it.

Apparently the 17 yesses are young, unsure of themselves or easily
offendable. As I say to my artists, if you offend easily, do not sing,
especially to an audience: You'll never last in the entertainment field. A
singer needs to be a duck, both in knowing how and letting dirty water roll
off it's back. If you can't be a duck, find another way of plying your art
or earning a living.

Think about this: Without insults there are no apologies. Apologies make us
feel good or justified. Without apologies our lives are just long and
boring.

Don't censor!

Dean

--
http://www.mp3.com/stations/epilogue_records_artistshtml
"The great danger for humans is that we will walk by the

VCard
Dean FH Macy, Lit.D. <Dean FH Macy, Lit.D. < President and CEO
New England Talent, Ltd.
Child Artist Management

14 Granite Street -
Studio Five
Peterborough
New Hampshire
03458-1413
USA

Pager: FILM: www.mp3.com/stations/one_christmas_eve
Fax: 603 924-4412
Home: 603 924-4409
Work: 603 924-4412
SPECIALIZING IN THE MANAGEMENT OF EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN IN VOCAL MUSIC

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6868 Re: In the minority Isabelle Bracamonte   Mon  11/27/2000   2 KB
6871 Re: In the minority Marthea Blewitt   Mon  11/27/2000   2 KB
6874 Re: In the minority Colin Reed   Mon  11/27/2000   3 KB
6875 Re: In the minority Ian Belsey   Mon  11/27/2000   2 KB
6885 Re: In the minority Laura Sharp   Mon  11/27/2000   5 KB
6889 Re: In the minority Caio Rossi   Tue  11/28/2000   2 KB
6892 Re: In the minority sopran@a...   Tue  11/28/2000   2 KB
6905 Re: In the minority buzzcen@a...   Tue  11/28/2000   2 KB
6921 Re: In the minority Dean FH Macy   Tue  11/28/2000   4 KB

emusic.com