Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Mon Nov 27, 2000  10:50 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Frankenstein's Bride? WAS:New poll for vocalist-temp...

caio wrote, and it was so nice of him to bring up...

<< Topless sopranos, bottomless mezzos, a little more chest... If female opera
singers start dying and have body parts extracted, you can be sure Mike is
building his bride ( is that why you wanted to kill your ex-wife?? ). >>

first of all, i am happily married to my second and final wife and have
no need for some custom made substitute, as you suggest. secondly, i did
not wish to 'kill' my ex-wife. i only wished that we were no longer
married. my 'used to be' private statement to you was in jest and was
symbolic of my frustrated unhappiness (her mother, however, was a different
story).

in the spirit of keeping this on topic (and therefore being less likely
to be censored)...just as i find custom made people less valuable than real
ones, i find custom made singers less valuable than real ones. as that
thought would apply to teaching, i think it is better to teach a student how
to stop 'messing' themselves up rather than to help them construct some
frankenstein monster.

when we construct a voice, with total control over the sound, we lose
that which is inadvertently ourselves. i just got back from my 25th high
school reunion. it was a beautiful weekend. i saw someone i was totally
in love with back then. we are both older and tried our best to look nice
but, it is the look in her eyes when we first saw each other that i'll
remember till i die not, how she was dressed. she didn't plan that look, it
just happened.

mike

emusic.com