Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Mon Nov 27, 2000  10:20 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] The Aging Voice

caio quoted me:

<< MIke wrote:

> i have worked with a number of *female* students over 50 who had
wobbles.

i have not had any male students over 50 with a wobble. if i had, it
probably wouldn't be from using to much 'head voice' unless he was a
counter-tenor (and to answer your possible next question, i think women who
sing exclusively in 'head voice' are singing in falsetto).

and then:

> jerome hines reports something similar in his book 'the four voices
of
> *man*'.

his title, not mine. i didn't feel comfortable changing it to 'the
four voices of person' just for the sake of my post.

caio: Are you suggesting it's a hormonal thing? ans: no

caio: Or am I suggesting that?? ans: well, what do you think? and, how
does that make you feel?

mike

emusic.com