Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
"Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Mon Nov 27, 2000  12:31 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] To Colin Reed

Many apologies for Ian, I didn't actually find out the names of most of the
cast until the opening night. I did, however, post the dates, the fact that
it was Nottingham Theatre Royal, and a phone number for the box office. I
will try to put more information next time, and a couple of reminders. I
did find myself with much less time than I expected with lots of rehearsals,
and then the show seemed to come around and be over very quickly. That's a
shame, but it was filmed by a professional company, and I'm getting some
copies of the video! It will be nice to see (and hear) myself on stage.

Next operas will be next year now. Probably Pearl Fishers in March, also in
Nottingham, and maybe l'elisir d'amore in July in Sheffield. I'll have to
keep my fingers crossed.

My programme for the Turandot is now in my girlfriend's front room, but from
memory the cast was

Turandot - Sharon Nicholson-Skeggs
Calaf - Martin Neil Dunn
Emperor - Colin Reed (pretty sure about this one)
Liu - Joanna Shacklock
Timur - Stephen Godward
Ping - Simon Theobald
Pang - Melvyn White
Pong - David Parkins
Mandarin - Giles Pettit (who was a last minute replacement and performed
brilliantly)

Director and Conductor - Andrew Nicklin
Associate Director - Jean Gemmil.

I hope I've got everyone right, and not forgotten anyone.

Colin Reed