Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jocelyn Gooch" <jocelyngooch@h...>
"Jocelyn Gooch" <jocelyngooch@h...>
Date:  Sun Nov 26, 2000  11:19 pm
Subject:  Subject: Re: quit smoking: Pleeeeeeeeeez!!

Out of lurkdom, into the maelstom!

I'm always fascinated by people's quitting stories. I've also listened to
alot of people say that smoking doesn't affect their singing! I always
wonder how much more beautiful a voice would be if it were "clean" instead
of polluted.

I spent time with my elderly (77) mother this weekend. She reminded me that
a few years ago she began to tell teenagers that all of her friends her age
that smoked are dead. She's in excellent health. No smoke, coffee or alcohol
in her life. And her voice is wonderful!!! Her church choir misses her when
she can't be there as the "lead" voice in the alto section.

Jocelyn Gooch
lyric?spinto?just a? soprano
_____