Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun Nov 26, 2000  10:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] The Aging Voice

In a message dated 11/26/2000 4:43:45 PM Central Standard Time,
lasharp@n... writes:
lasharp@n... writes:

<< Some have asked me to help them see if they can work towards feeling
comfortable in the section again and I'd like to try. I know I've seen some
studies on the aging voice somewhere in my web research and I'll dig those
up again, but do any of you know of any published work on this subject? I
know there are physical changes - ossification and the like, but I don't
believe the physical changes cause the wobble - I've known more than my
share of 30-something wobblers! It makes sense to me that a certain amount
of body bracing becomes more habitual as we get older and maybe some of us
get less in tune with our bodies and how to relax that tension to breathe
freely and efficiently. >>

The last two issues of the NATS Journal have featured articles by Robert T.
Sataloff re Vocal Aging and Its Medical Implications: What Singing Teachers
Should Know. Haven't had time to read them yet - I need a vacation somewhere
warm where I can sit on a beach and read all the stuff I haven't time to read
at home - but I would point you in that direction!!

Chris

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com