Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Sun Nov 26, 2000  5:53 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] ADMIN: list moderation?

Isabelle Bracamonte wrote:

> I'm not advocating this, I'm just tossing it out there.
>
> In light of the recent unsubscriptions of longtime members of the list,
> and the current of
> disgruntledness going around in general, what does the list think about
> flame moderation?

What I think is just that we should just refrain from using our own, often
flawed, understanding of all things in the earth, on the earth and below the
earth and allow others to think as they will.

I use this quote in my signature line, a quote we should all now read and
try to understand. "The great danger for humans is that we will walk by the
light of our own understanding." In this light of our own understanding we
think we have all the answers for all of the questions asked by all of the
people on the planet. THAT'S JUST NOT TRUE! If we can realize this and if
we can remove the word "can't" from our apprasal of others and their
thoughts and beliefs, we will not need a flame moderator.

A young person "can't..." A singer "can't..." You "can't" expect..." They
"can't..." All from our own understanding. I believe, for each "can't"
there are two or more "cans!"

A famous line from Shakespeare's Hamlet states, "There are more things in
heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Amen! Amen!

VCard
Dean FH Macy, Lit.D. <Dean FH Macy, Lit.D. < President and CEO
New England Talent, Ltd.
Child Artist Management

14 Granite Street -
Studio Five
Peterborough
New Hampshire
03458-1413
USA

Pager: FILM: www.mp3.com/stations/one_christmas_eve
Fax: 603 924-4412
Home: 603 924-4409
Work: 603 924-4412
SPECIALIZING IN THE MANAGEMENT OF EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN IN VOCAL MUSIC

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6798 Re: ADMIN: list moderation? Laura Sharp   Sun  11/26/2000   2 KB

emusic.com