Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Sun Nov 26, 2000  3:37 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] ADMIN: list moderation?

I think it's pretty delicate. You have to bear in mind that, as most of us
(including me) use their real names, any kind of public accusation or
offense must be answered publically too. It's not much different than 'real'
world ( we have no judge or jury, but the moderator still has to be fair and
people still have a name to protect ).

This is the only logical way I could imagine to deal with that:

1. The one who starts offending should be publicly warned by the moderator
about how inappropriate that behavior is ( sometimes, we just don't notice,
btw )
2. The one who was offended should have the right to send ONE and only msg
publicly to defend ( or not! ) themselves. No other msgs with that content
should be allowed in public. If that msg included offenses to the former,
that should be settled in private anyway, since he/she ( most likely ''he',
I must admit! ) was offensive in the first place.
3. Any screening of their msgs should be performed only if the condition
above wan't duely respected. That wouldn't help much, since anyone can join
the list with another HOTMAIL-like e-mail, but that would make clear to them
what the other listers think of that content.

4. Last but not least: any heated private discussions should be sent to me
as carbon copy :-)

Bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com