Vocalist.org archive

From:  rmchef@a...
rmchef@a...
Date:  Sat Nov 25, 2000  4:37 pm
Subject:  Re: Quitting smoking

Hi Nande,
I'll give you a perspective as an ex-smoker and a singer. All of the prevoius
advice is good. Do whatever you have to do to get clear of the nicotine. I
smoked for 30+ years, thank God I still have a voice and am still here to
tell you about it. It took me six serious tries to quit, but none of that
matters. All that matters is that you just get clear of the nicotine- the
addiction is deadly(yes -I know it's the other chemicals in the tobacco, but
the nicotine keeps you coming back)
Sadly, I just buried my best friend of 30+ years(some coincidence,huh?) after
he died of lung cancer. I consider myself very lucky. Every day is a gift. So
is singing.

Use it or lose it. Life is fragile. Sing- don't smoke!
End of lecture....

Good luck
Richard Meredith
Baritone