Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Robin L. Frye" <R.L.Frye@w...>
"Robin L. Frye" <R.L.Frye@w...>
Date:  Sat Nov 25, 2000  6:56 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] hello from a new member

I think you also need to consider whether you may want to teach at the
college level someday, in which case you will need to have a minimum of a
master's degree and more likely a doctorate. That day may seem far away at
this point, but it will come eventually, and you will have more options from
which to choose with degrees in hand.

Since you like your teacher so much, you may want to look for a school that
will let you study with your current teacher (for credit) while you attend.
Queens College in New York, which has a well-respected music program, is one
such school. Maybe there is something like that in your area.

Robin Lynne Frye
Mezzo-Soprano
Voice and Piano Teacher
New York, New York