Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Fri Nov 24, 2000  8:08 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] quit smoking: Pleeeeeeeeeez!!

I don't want to smell people smoking; I don't want to look at people
smoking; I don't want to think of all of the people I've known whose lives
have been ruined or who have been killed by smoking; nor of the amoral
media that still try to portray a disgusting addiction as cool. It makes me
sooooo mad! john

At 10:55 AM 11/24/00 -0800, you wrote:
>At 07:02 PM 11/23/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>JUST DON'T SMOKE AGAIN.
>>
>>Sorry for shouting.
>
>Dear John,
>
>You can shout this all you want my friend. Personally, after 15-20 years of
>medical practice, I'm a bit weary of getting up in the middle of the night
>to stop someone's (usually a smoker) heart attack (or sometimes congestive
>heart failure complicated by emphysema). In fact, the next time you want to
>shout it, we'll make it a duet! Anybody else want to join us?
>
>GWendel

John Blyth
Baritono robusto e lirico
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada