Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Nande Kootker" <denanny@h...>
"Nande Kootker" <denanny@h...>
Date:  Thu Nov 23, 2000  9:09 pm
Subject:  quit smoking: slimy throat

Dear list,

3 weeks ago, I quit smoking after over 10 years of
nicotine-addiction.
I feel great, the coughing had stopped and I can breathe freely
again.
But: whenever I start singing, my throat gets all slimy (sorry, but
it's the only word I can think of). The only thing that gets rid of
the slime is clearing my throat, which is, I know, just about the
worst thing you can do. My teacher has me singing real soft 'nin nun
nin' to loosen the slime. And it does work, for a while. The slime
keeps coming back, especially when singing.
Does anyone know what I can do about this? Will it go away?? My guess
is that it will; it's probably caused by my non-smoking, but for now
it seems to be getting worse....

Thanx,

Nande

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6748 Re: quit smoking: slimy throat John Messmer, M.D.   Fri  11/24/2000   3 KB

emusic.com