Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Thu Nov 23, 2000  5:43 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Vibrato Questions

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Para: <vocalist-temporary@egroups.com>
Enviada em: Quinta-feira, 23 de Novembro de 2000 13:59
Assunto: Re: [vocalist-temporary] Vibrato Questions

Ian wrote:

>If
>any of your teachers uses the word push, you should
>question the motives very carefully!!

> It's that terrible word again 'support' I absolutely
> hate it, and it's guaranteed to make everybody sing
> like pigs!!

I understand that, and I've read many posts here about that, including a
very elucidating one where Lloyd describes his support concept. But the
point is: as my teacher does exactly what he tells me to do and he doesn't
sound like a pig ( much on the contrary ), how can I question him?!

> Try and concentrate instead on the actual tone you
> produce. You will find in the long run you will have a
> far more harmonious sound, and you won't be bogged
> down about thinking of 'support'

But don't you do any kind of support? Not even a non-pushing one?

Best regards,

Caio Rossi
São Paulo, Brazil

emusic.com