Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Wed Nov 22, 2000  10:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Happy Thanksgiving.......

I'm roasting a capon myself. Poor thing is better off dead... (sniff).

If my faithful Indian companion asks, "capon" is French for "turkey."

I'm thankful for lots of things: the continued good health of my parents,
my darling nieces and nephews (especially Will, who joined our family in
February), my not-quite-perfect Ganesh and my first review in a *daily*
newspaper. Here's hoping that my wild rice stuffing turns out as well
tomorrow as it did last year.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Liz

>From: "Guardians" <elflein@m...>
>From: "Guardians" <elflein@m...>
> <<What turkey, indeed! My Mate and I will not be eating anything
>tomorrow that had either a face or a mother. ;)>>
>
> And I presume there is no leather in your shoes?
>
> Hugs,
> PJ.
> (Often quoted as saying, "If you have to catch it, kill it, and cook it,
>I don't eat it!")

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

"Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never win and never
quit are just plain stupid." --anonymousse

_____

emusic.com