Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Mon Nov 20, 2000  10:49 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Jack Heggie's Encountertenor

In a message dated 11/20/2000 4:42:41 PM Central Standard Time,
Oberon603@a... writes:
Oberon603@a... writes:

<< Has anyone heard all of this song cycle written for Brian Asawa? I have
heard 2 of the songs on the CD "The Faces of Jack Heggie", but I was
wondering how the rest of the cycle sounds. The 2 songs I heard "Pitch can
be a Bitch", & "The trouble with trebles in trousers" are lovely & quite
funy. Can anyone tell me anything about the rest of the cycle? The music
for this is on sale now, & I would like to buy it, but don't want to waste my
money if it sucks.

The third song is called "A gift to share"... it's short, slow; I haven't
played thru it but it appears to be melodic and flowing. The first piece is
actually called "Countertenor's conundrum." The cycle is just those 3 songs,
and can be found in Jake Heggie's THE FACES OF LOVE, book 3 (Medium voice and
piano). It also includes another cycle called Thoughts Unspoken, as well as
two original songs, "What Lips my Lips Have Kissed" and "My True Love Hath My
Heart", both in duet and solo versions. There are also cello parts to these
2 songs. Both these songs are on the FACES OF LOVE CD.

In addition, there are arrangements of traditional American folksongs, "He's
gone away," "Barb'ry Allen," "The Leather-Winged Bat," "Danny Boy," and "Away
in a Manger." Several of these can be found on Jennifer Larmore's CD MY
NATIVE LAND.

I have all 3 books (Vol. 1, Soprano, Vol. 2, Mezzo, and Vol. 3 described
above) and I look forward to performing many of the songs in them!! Each
book was $19.95.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com