Vocalist.org archive

From:  "saint james" <stjames@l...>
"saint james" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Mon Nov 20, 2000  9:18 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF: Scots/English (was Teaching rolled Rs)

In message <001301c0527f$cf24e600$f1cffea9@x...>, Colin Reed <colin-
reed@l...> writes

England is definitely a separate country from Scotland.
What is also annoying is that the assumption is made that the only people
who want full independence are the Scots and the Welsh. Many of us in
England feel that our identity as a separate nation is lost when we are
lumped together in the UK. This may not be of great importance to many of
you, but I thought it would be a change to have a bit of domestic political
thought from this side of the pond as a change from the farcical
presidential recount in the states :-)

Colin Reed, tenor
Newark, UK (NO. I mean ENGLAND)

James here.....

Not to worry, some of us in the states do understand that there is a
difference. I do feel England did a better job integrating
into one society the different native nationalities, while allowing the
differences to remain. Here in the States we pushed the natives
(American Indians) onto reservations and made their differences invalid in
main stream society.

James

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6644 Re: OFF: Scots/English (was Teaching rolled Rs) Ingo Duckerschein   Mon  11/20/2000   3 KB
6646 Re: OFF: Scots/English (was Teaching rolled Rs) Sheila Graham   Mon  11/20/2000   4 KB

emusic.com