Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Mon Nov 20, 2000  7:40 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF TOPIC: Domestic politics

reg and caio collaborated in saying:

<< >I do. Most breathable oxygen comes from the ocean.

Finally!!!!!!!!! >>

i never really thought about the oceans- good point. further, there
are probably more trees being replanted than are being chopped down.
industries that rely on timber have the good micro-sense to replenish the
product. well, almost. they tend to replace hardwoods with faster growing
pine. the real problem is a loss of bio-diversity and, although those
concerned can say that is wrong, they cannot as yet say exactly why in a way
that anyone else would care. most of the world would not understand (or
care) about bio-diversity so, it is easier to sell the concern for 'loss of
oxygen supply'.

the computer models that suggested 'global warming', as reported in
newsweek several years ago, were unable to predict our present climate using
the same data from forty years ago.

personal note: meteorology makes astrology look good.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6663 Dallas Conspiracy and Warming. Reg Boyle   Tue  11/21/2000   3 KB

emusic.com