Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Sat Nov 18, 2000  1:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Teaching rolled Rs

> No, they really don't! Some regions in Scotland do, but English people
> have great trouble with a rolled r. It's _not_ part of the spoken
> English accent.

>And when teaching a "flipped" r, which is not
> the same thing (is that what you were thinking of, Caio?)

Ops... yes, but although I knew the term 'flipped R', I supposed a Rolled R
would be the same! Which is exactly the difference? I can't distinguish more
than 3 Rs: the French one ( similar to the English aspirated H, but with the
back of the tongue pressing back, I guess like in LoCH Ness ) , the English
one ( as in Right, or the American caR ) and the Spanish/Italian/ Portuguese
flipped R (as in aRRiba- longer in Spanish, but basically the same
articulation ). Is there any other possibility?

Thanks,

Caio Rossi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6610 Re: Teaching rolled Rs Sheila Graham   Sat  11/18/2000   4 KB
6649 Re: Teaching rolled Rs John Alexander Blyth   Mon  11/20/2000   3 KB

emusic.com