Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri Nov 17, 2000  8:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] re: French Rep - question of Challenge!

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Naomi Gurt Lind wrote:

> Fiona wrote:
>
> >Now here's an interesting rep question that crossed my path yesterday that
> >has me mostly stumped! A soprano friend of mine is looking for a song that
> >must be in FRENCH, to sing with SOLO violin, OR with guitar accompaniment.
> >The song can be a folk song and can be simple in nature.
>
> You might have a look at the Britten folk song arrangements -- some are in
> French, some are with guitar. (I can't say for sure whether there are any
> that fit both criteria, but that's where I'd start anyway!)

Actually, I believe the Britten French folk song arrangements are all for
piano. It's the 6th or 7th volume, of British Folk Songs, that is
arranged for guitar.

Karen
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

-----
Es en balde, majo mio, que sigas hablando
porque hay cosas que contesto yo
siempre cantando:
Tra la la...
Por mas que preguntes tanto: