Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
"David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Thu Nov 16, 2000  2:53 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] musical theater rep request

Christine, and fellow vocalisters,

This confuses me a bit.  I have always understood (from the sidelines) that belting has a limit of about c above middle c on the top end.  Perhaps people can sing belt technique higher than that, but if not, that seems like an awfully low soprano voice.  Can anyone who is belting, or who has students who belt help me understand this?  Thanks for the discussion!

David Grogan
East Texas Baptist University
Marshall, Tx