Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Thu Nov 16, 2000  2:49 pm
Subject:  why 30?

most competitions have 30 as an age limit. we all know people who
started studying singing in high school, excelled in college, got all the big
roles in grad. school, sang with opera of st. louis (or, something
comparable), baltimore symphony (or, something comparable), sang at a house
in europe somewhere for three years who now work at a bank and sing
occasionally. and, they were the lucky ones.

you can get work at any age as a singer if you are very good. if you
are lucky, you can have a career singing operas you're not wild about for
just enough money. if you win a competition, you increase your luck by a
lot.

if you are near 30 and you're just starting to work on it, i wish you
good luck and happiness but, i'll put my money on the red sox winning the
world series instead.

carpe veritas,
mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6555 Re: why 30? cantare@p...   Thu  11/16/2000   2 KB
6562 Re: why 30? Karen Mercedes   Fri  11/17/2000   4 KB
6572 Re: why 30? cantare@p...   Fri  11/17/2000   2 KB
6556 Re: why 30? ccaleffie@i...   Thu  11/16/2000   2 KB
6563 Re: why 30? Caio Rossi   Fri  11/17/2000   2 KB
6593 Re: why 30? cantare@p...   Fri  11/17/2000   2 KB
6589 Re: why 30? Naomi Gurt Lind   Fri  11/17/2000   4 KB
6594 Re: why 30? cantare@p...   Fri  11/17/2000   3 KB
6629 Re: why 30? Rome Festival   Sun  11/19/2000   2 KB

emusic.com