Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Thu Nov 16, 2000  4:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Older students/school advice

In a message dated 11/15/2000 9:14:27 PM Central Standard Time,
dogmac@r... writes:
dogmac@r... writes:

<< b) One needs to live. Very few music schools have scholarships for
older singers. And scholarships are rarely what a person who has
been working full time needs to live.

Hmmmm..... I don't entirely agree. I received a scholarship for half my
tuition to Peabody my 2nd year ... I shared the voice dept secretary duties
with another singer (they wanted to spread the money around), otherwise it
would have been full-time. The real world job experiences I'd had helped me
get that job.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com