Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Wed Nov 15, 2000  1:13 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF: Presidential Election Dither

from PJ,
>however, one small tidbit of trivia: the United States is a Federal
>Republic, not a democracy.

This really worries me PJ. I know you insist that it's a tiny tiny bit
of insignificance but if it is, why does the United States in particular
place such stress on the importance of third world countries having
"free and democratic elections?" I'm sure you're not suggesting
that this is a Federation of Banana Republics, or are you?

> perhaps one of the characters in a
>Taylor Caldwell book?): "Republics decline into democracies; democracies
>decline into...chaos."

Decay is the natural state and it depends on the relevance of her comment,
besides, we now accept that there is ORDER in chaos. Perhaps the older
voters of Florida would prefer the voting list be laid out like a Bingo
card?? It would certainly neutralise the donkey vote as in "pin the
tail on the....." and let the WORTHY VOTERS shine!! (New definition.)

Nothing wrong with a bit of chaos to shuffle the deck, as we're seeing
and I'm sure you know from your association with astrology. ; )

Reg.

emusic.com