Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen <kjensen@c...>
Karen <kjensen@c...>
Date:  Wed Nov 15, 2000  12:05 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Presidential Elections Indecision

Dear Kevin and Vocalisters:
Having lived in England for some time, I am familiar with this kind
of comment:
"Absolutely, watching a juvenile country emerge from its teenage years
>>>into an almost responsible democracy is highly entertaining." For those
>>>of us in North America this comment smacks of smug superiority if not
>>>colonial sour grapes, and Kevin would have his facial structure
>>>rearranged if he said this in the company of a pugnacious person, though
>>>I am quite willing to accept the Kevin may be a nice person--in person.
>>>The record stands, that in systems of government, in war, in all forms
>>>of personal interaction, the United States has defined democracy AND
>>>niceness. Kevin understands British humour, but he doesn't understand
>>>niceness by North American standards.

Cheers, Karen Jensen

>Dear Kevin and Vocalisters:
>
>Now, now, Kevin, be nice. I think Kevin should be nice, don't you,
>vocalisters:
>
>Lloyd
>

>> > I do feel that what is happening in the US is of interest to the
>>world
>>
>>Absolutely, watching a juvenile country emerge from its teenage years
>>into an almost responsible democracy is highly entertaining.
>>
>>Kevin.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6468 Re: Presidential Elections Indecision Laura Sharp   Wed  11/15/2000   2 KB

emusic.com