Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
"Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Tue Nov 14, 2000  10:54 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Christmas Eve soprano solo suggestions . . .

This is just off the top of my head, but I think The Virgin's Slumber Song
a.k.a. Maria Wiegenlied is by Max Reger and is published by Associated Music
Publishers, a division of G. Schirmer.

Oh all right, I'm actually sitting here typing the words out for the
children's Christmas Cantata program.

Anyway, Elizabeth is right. It's lovely, quiet and depending on the key you
choose, lets you "float" anywhere from a Db to an Ab on a nice open vowel no
matter whether you sing it in English or German.

What a nice lot of suggestions we've gotten from everyone. I've copied them
all into my "Saved" folder!

Laura