Vocalist.org archive

From:  Takeshi Oda <toda@m...>
Takeshi Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Mon Nov 13, 2000  10:37 pm
Subject:  WAY OFF: Presidential Elections Indecision

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Lloyd W. Hanson wrote:
> I understand what you are saying. It was my point that our system
> tends to develop into only a two party system and that other points
> of view have to, of necessity, become a part of one or the other of
> the two parties in most cases. A third party must have even more
> support than had the green party to become a force that must be
> reckoned with.

Thanks for your reply! Understood that you are not trying to criticize the
Green party. It is interesting that Nader considers this election a
"success" for his party, at least from the point of view that the big
parties are now afraid of what a third party can do to them. At this
point, he is happy that the democrats must now consider accomodating the
greens' agenda to a certain extent. You hit the nail dead on, I think.

signing off before I hit my "irrelevant posts" quota for the day ;-)

Tako

emusic.com