Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Mon Nov 13, 2000  10:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] WAY OFF: Presidential Elections Indecision

Dear Tako and Vocalisters;

You wroteZ:
>I do not agree, however, that the Green party's "lack of
>success" was do to narrow a agenda. The real problem was that the
>Democrats and Republicans have a oligopolic control over the debate
>commision (is run by big-wigs in the two main parties) and a campaign
>finance system that encourages corporations to fund parties that are
>front-runners.

I understand what you are saying. It was my point that our system
tends to develop into only a two party system and that other points
of view have to, of necessity, become a part of one or the other of
the two parties in most cases. A third party must have even more
support than had the green party to become a force that must be
reckoned with. It it does not get to that level of support, the
system and the powers that tend to control the system will not likely
establish a platform on which other parties can stand.

Nothing I said was intended to denigrate the Green Party or what is stood for.

--
Lloyd W. Hanson, DMA
Professor of Voice, Pedagogy

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6419 WAY OFF: Presidential Elections Indecision Takeshi Oda   Mon  11/13/2000   2 KB

emusic.com