Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Mon Nov 13, 2000  4:41 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Christmas Eve soprano solo suggestions . . .

Lana:
There's a song cycle by Alec Rowley called "Three Mystical Songs",
publisher: Boosey & Hawkes. The first & third songs are especially
appropriate for Xmas eve, the 2nd for Xmas day or Epiphany.

Pat

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 21:25:17 -0800 Lana Mountford <lana@a...>
writes:
> Greetings!
>
> Since most of the members of the choir I direct will be heading out
> of
> town for Christmas, it looks like I'll be singing for our regular
> church
> services on Sunday, December 24, as well as for the special evening
> Christmas Eve service.
>
> I need at least one, preferably two, pieces to sing. I'd like
> something
> a little less well-known than "O Holy Night" and "Gesu Bambino,"
> both of
> which are done to death.
>
> I'm a soprano of the "dramatic" variety, with a rock-solid high-C,
> and a
> good "bottom." As far as language is concerned, English is
> preferable,
> followed by Latin. In the past year, I've done the Laudamus Te from
> the
> Mozart Mass in C-minor, and the first movement of Mozart's Exultate,
> Jubilate (just to give you an idea of the kind of things I've done
> in
> the recent past).
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Lana Mountford
>

> --
> Explain it as we may, a martial strain will urge a man into the
> front
> rank of battle sooner than an argument, and a fine anthem excite his
> devotion more certainly than a logical discourse.
> ~ Henry Tuckerman ~
> Lana Mountford lana@a... Seattle, WA

6412 Re: Christmas Eve soprano solo suggestions . . . Shannon   Mon  11/13/2000   3 KB

emusic.com