Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun Nov 12, 2000  7:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] musical theater rep request

In a message dated 11/12/2000 9:20:54 AM Central Standard Time,
jlines@m... writes:
jlines@m... writes:

<< I have two sophomore students, both sopranos, who would like to sing a
musical theater duet for a joint recital. I don't know this repertoire well
at all! and I certainly don't know of any duets for two sopranos. One of
them has quite a strong chest voice extension, the other is a very light
lyric.>>

Marry The Man Today - GUYS AND DOLLS (Adelaide/Sarah)
*Sisters - WHITE CHRISTMAS (Whatever their names were - Rosemary Cloony/Vera
Ellen is all I know!)
*Stepsisters' Lament - CINDERELLA
*If Momma was Married - GYPSY (June/Louise)
A Boy Like That - WEST SIDE STORY (Anita/Maria)
There's a duet from CHESS that's supposed to be fabulous .... SIDESHOW, too,
but I think that's for 2 belters
He was a little boy - PATIENCE (Lady Angela/Patience) (operetta, but close
enough)

*Can be found in The Teen's Musical Theatre Collection (Young Women's
Edition), published by Hal Leonard.

Also in line with this question: perhaps there is a repertoire book
available for musical theater ensemble? Any suggestions would be helpful. I
recently ordered a book for choosing musical theater solos by voice type, but
need a reference for duets, trios, etc. >>

There is a duets book published by Hal Leonard, which is fast becoming the
Phillip Morris of music publishing (they own EVERYTHING!), but it's only for
male/female duets.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com