Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
"Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
Date:  Sun Nov 12, 2000  3:10 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] "i" and "u": getting worse

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:46:36
buzzcen wrote:
>This is happening most likely because /i/ and /u/ induce vocal fold
>lengthening and any swellings that may be there would interfere with >that
type of production.
You were rigth!
I went tomorrow to the ENT, and I had a laryngoscopy (and now I have 4 photos
of my cords!).
The result was: swelling and reddening. He told me to do a voice therapy and to
take an omeopathic medicament. Luckily there were no polyps, nodes or injuries.

Most likely the cause has been a bad speaking habit, and a very strong tension
in the neck and the upper torso.

Get FREE Email/Voicemail with 15MB at Lycos Communications at

emusic.com