Vocalist.org archive

From:  furrball@a...
furrball@a...
Date:  Fri Nov 10, 2000  3:12 am
Subject:  Anesthetic intubation

Hi all :)

If any of the medical fraternity or singing professionals here could give me
some advice on intubation vs vocal mask and the effects on the voice, I would
be most grateful.

I have to have an operation in the next few days and the anesthetist has
advisedme that I must have intubation owing to the possible length of the
procedure
(laparoscopy and possible diathermy).

I am extremely worried about what this could mean for my voice if something
goes wrong. All other operations I've had have been using a vocal mask.
The anesthetist has said that he will use a child's size tube ( size 7 for what
it's worth) and be *really* careful, but I'm not sure of what this will entail..

If any of the teachers on the list could suggest exercises to get the cords
(and abdominal muscles) back into condition afterwards that would be great.

thanks,

Kylie

gwyee@r...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6338 Re: Anesthetic intubation gwyee@r...   Fri  11/10/2000   3 KB
6383 Re: Anesthetic intubation Carol Lines   Sun  11/12/2000   3 KB
6409 Re: Anesthetic intubation John Messmer, M.D.   Mon  11/13/2000   2 KB

emusic.com