Vocalist.org archive

From:  LMorgan923@a...
LMorgan923@a...
Date:  Thu Nov 9, 2000  7:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Body Mapping Book (Dr. Diane, pls. read too)

In a message dated 11/9/2000 2:23:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
acronvich@h... writes:
acronvich@h... writes:

<< Laura, I took the 2 day course last spring. I wonder if non-singers
perhaps are not as physically aware as are singers. What I noticed
during the class was the importance of allowing the breath muscles to
work rather than making them work. >>

I've been working on this subject lately. I've always been very paranoid
that I didn't have enough breath to get through phrases. I think that in
response to that paranoia, I've always inhaled too much. In reading Richard
Miller's writings, I've come to the realisation that I don't need to do that.
Since I've calmed down my inhalations, I've noticed that I'm able to get
through longer and longer phrases.
It always amazes me how these things that we do that we think are going
to help don't. :-)

Lee Morgan
Mezzo soprano

emusic.com