Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
"Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Thu Nov 9, 2000  4:04 pm
Subject:  Body Mapping Book (Dr. Diane, pls. read too)

Dear List:

I just bought Barbara Conable's book on Body Mapping, "What Every Musician
Need to know About the Body". Has anyone else been through this book, with
or without taking her course? I'm curious to see what others have to say.

Initially (and still) I was put off by the silly and sort of patronizing
captions (ex. "If you already really truly know where your thigh bones meet
your pelvis on the outside of your pelvic bones, HOLD A PRESS CONFERENCE!").
But even just reading through and trying to internalize the anatomical
sketches, I made a few discoveries about some hidden places of tension in
how I use my body.

Dr. Diane: I know you were in the workshop. Did you buy the book as well? If
you did, would you say it's a fair representation of Conable's work in the
course?
Thanks everyone,

Laura Sharp
President-elect-less in Albany NY

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6322 Re: Body Mapping Book (Dr. Diane, pls. read too) DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Thu  11/9/2000   2 KB
6324 Re: Body Mapping Book (Dr. Diane, pls. read too) RALUCOB@a...   Thu  11/9/2000   2 KB
6329 Re: Body Mapping Book (Dr. Diane, pls. read too) Laura Sharp   Thu  11/9/2000   2 KB
6325 Re: Body Mapping Book (Dr. Diane, pls. read too) Anne Cronvich   Thu  11/9/2000   2 KB
6326 Re: Body Mapping Book (Dr. Diane, pls. read too) LMorgan923@a...   Thu  11/9/2000   2 KB
6340 Re: Body Mapping Book (Dr. Diane, pls. read too) RALUCOB@a...   Fri  11/10/2000   3 KB
6346 Re: Body Mapping Book Laura Sharp   Fri  11/10/2000   3 KB
6351 Re: Body Mapping Book Karl Rasmussen   Sat  11/11/2000   2 KB

emusic.com