Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Wed Nov 8, 2000  10:42 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] MISC: "germ-free" humidifiers

I saw this discussed before, either here or on my favorite urban-legend
site, http://www.snopes.com. The "germ-free" humidifier is, in a word,
overrated.

>From: Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@s...>
>From: Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@s...>
>Folks --
>
>I've seen advertised a germ-free humidifier which, "uses ultraviolet light
>to kill 99.99% of the germs and mold spores in the warm vapor it fans into
>household air." Does anyone have experience with this type of humidifier?
>Would there be an appreciable difference between this and the regular
>ultrasonic humidifiers? (I do in fact have a mold allergy, which is why
>I'm considering this type of thing.)
>
>Any thoughts?

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

"Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never win and never
quit are just plain stupid." --anonymousse