Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Wed Nov 8, 2000  8:51 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] rothko goes kirilian, was The Vowel Line

lloyd,

i was glad to see don miller had made it to the list. he had contacted
me privately about getting on. (sorry for the confusion.)

don had contacted me at the time when i was questioning the validity of
spectographic readings of a voice as a valid tool. as you know, i have
asked many times in many ways of those who have had experience with this
technology to state how they have made a direct connection from what these
spectograms have told them to actual changes in their singing.

the answers i have received to this question amount to 'it verified what
i already knew' to no answer at all. not being satisfied with this answer,
i took the time to record samples of my singing and my wife's singing and
sent them to someone who has the capability to do a spectographic reading of
these samples. unfortunately, he has not been able to do it yet so, i am
left in limbo.

perhaps my suspicion of this technology is in reaction to just not
having access to it or, perhaps i'm not impressed with what i've seen so far.
it may be a breakthrough on an earth shattering level or, it might just be
an elaborate way of confirming the painfully obvious. so far, i suspect the
latter but, i really need to see for myself.

so, the rest of that post amounted to me grumbling in frustration. i'm
trying to find out but so far i have been unsuccessful and i hate being left
in the dark.

mike

emusic.com