Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Tue Nov 7, 2000  5:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] randy, lloyd FORE!!!

Dear Mike and Vocalisters:

Congrats on the single handicap. I hardly play but my wife comes
from a premier golf family. Her nephew was National Amateur Champion
a few years ago. His father holds the record for the number of times
he won the National Father/Son Championship (and that with three
different sons), his daughter was a Big Ten Golf coach, etc. etc. I
know the game pretty well, just play it badly.

By the way, the first mentioned above has hit the ball 350+ yards on
more than one occasion. But clearly the middle game, short game and
putting are more important.

My poor analogy was intended to make clear the difference power
output necessary when singing acoustically rather than with a
microphone but your analogy would also work. It would just not
likely have any meaning to those who don't play golf.

--
Lloyd W. Hanson, DMA
Professor of Voice, Pedagogy

emusic.com