Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Yvonne Dechance" <ydechance@h...>
"Yvonne Dechance" <ydechance@h...>
Date:  Mon Nov 6, 2000  5:35 pm
Subject:  NATS Belt Workshop and other events (WAS Sharing Ideas)

Lloyd wrote:

>This summer, NATS is holding a second special workshop in NYC on Belting.
>To my knowledge, Jo Estill is not listed as a clinician. Perhaps there is
>another approach that will be displayed at this workshop.

A slight correction, "Music Theatre and the Belt Voice--Part II" is actually
the Winter Workshop, and will be held Wednesday, January 3-Saturday, January
6, 2001 in NYC. Jo Estill is one of seven clinicians scheduled, and this
workshop came about because there was so much discussion and questioning
brought about by an earlier workshop.

I don't claim to speak for all the members of NATS, but there are quite a
few of us with plenty of curiosity and interest in open dialogue about both
art and technique. Each chapter is free to set its own schedule and events
according to the interests of its membership (so if you don't like the
current offerings, speak up at your chapter meetings!) At the national
level, in addition to regular workshops and conventions, we hold
internet-based discussions about twice a month at http://www.nats.org. The
NATS Chats address a wide variety of topics, and many of the chats are open
to anyone who would like to participate. Chat info starts at
http://www.nats.org/natschats.html.

The Winter Workshop is open to the public but is filling fast; details are
available at http://www.nats.org/workshops.html

I for one am praying that when Lloyd "retires," he'll start being a regular
presenter at NATS events throughout the world!

-y

_Dr. Yvonne Dechance

National Webmaster, http://www.nats.org/
Email:ydechance@s...,

Homepage:
http://www.scaredofthat.com/yworld/
Diction Domain: http://over.to/dictiondomain

6293 Re: NATS Belt Workshop and other events (WAS Shar Lloyd W. Hanson   Tue  11/7/2000   3 KB

emusic.com