Vocalist.org archive

From:  Oberon603@a...
Oberon603@a...
Date:  Sun Nov 5, 2000  3:30 pm
Subject:  Phrase finish with Vibarto?

I was wondering if any of you know how to do this vibrato trick?  I have
heard a few of my favorite singers finish their phrases this way, but I can't
figure out how to do it.  The only way I can describe it, is at the end of a
phrase, they start out with a slow vibrato, then speed it up really really
fast.  I love the way that this sounds & would love to learn how to do it.
When I try, the vibrato starts slow, & gets to the speeding up part, but by
the finish, it just sounds tight or pinched.  Im not sure if you guys will
know what I am talking about, so I have attached a short 23 second mp3 with 2
exaples of this back to back.  The singer is Bejun Mehta.  It should not take
long at all to download.  Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Ken Ealy

Attachment
Phrase Finish Post.wav
Type: audio/x-wav
Size: 513k
Download

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6229 Re: Phrase finish with Vibarto? Susan Schneider   Sun  11/5/2000   5 KB
6230 Re: Phrase finish with Vibarto? RALUCOB@a...   Sun  11/5/2000   2 KB
6249 ADMIN: binary attachments. (was: Phrase finish wi Karl Rasmussen   Mon  11/6/2000   2 KB
6234 Re: Phrase finish with Vibarto? Oberon603@a...   Sun  11/5/2000   2 KB
6240 Re: Phrase finish with Vibarto? Ian Belsey   Mon  11/6/2000   4 KB

emusic.com