Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Tue Oct 31, 2000  11:01 pm
Subject:  Speech level singing or Speech-level thinking?

Martti wrote:

"I've got the Seth Rigg's book "Singing For The Stars". Could anyone
tell me how to relax the neck muscles while singing? My larynx will
rise as I sing higher. I don't want to struggle with this problem
forever..."

One of the ways to do that is look to the left and right while singing. That
is likely to relax the neck muscles, otherwise you won't be able to move it
around.

Concerning raising your larynx ( or the rise of your larynx? Do we do that
to it or does it do it by itself? ... or is the larynx the actual sentient
organ beneath a simply reacting brain? ...or are you one with your
larynx? ), I think a very good book is Alan Greene's The New Voice.

Bye,

Caio Rossi ( is this my name or my larynx's name? )

emusic.com