Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Mon Oct 30, 2000  7:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ewa Podles

Not that I have an aswer - it's just that soprano Brabara Ann Martin was
here last week and provoked a similar response. For myself, I simply
adjusted to it and enjoyed the subtly nuanced performance anyway. john

At 06:09 PM 10/30/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Fellow Vocalisters -
>
>I attended a recital by Ewa Podles yesterday here in Louisville,
>Kentucky.
>
>Her vocal technique was complete anathema to me - everything sung
>completely in the back of the throat. I have done some searching
>through Opera-L archives, and find nary a negative opinion of her
>voice, her singing, etc. I found very little of it appealing -
>including her diction, her legato, etc.
>
>Has anyone else seen her/heard her? What do you have to say about
>her technique?
>
>Sarah

John Blyth
Baritono robusto e lirico
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6128 Re: Ewa Podles Shuff@c...   Mon  10/30/2000   2 KB
6489 Re: Ewa Podles John Alexander Blyth   Wed  11/15/2000   3 KB
6504 Re: Ewa Podles Leslie Jones   Wed  11/15/2000   2 KB
6670 some things on in the canadian prairies John Alexander Blyth   Tue  11/21/2000   3 KB

emusic.com