Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Mon Oct 30, 2000  4:26 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] re NEW BABY

----Original Message-----
>From: Leo Morgan <leomor@g...>
>Subject: [vocalist-temporary] re NEW BABY
>Date: Monday, October 30, 2000 9:50 AM
>
>Hi all, Leo here, I'm proud to announce the birth of our baby girl
"Alice"
>Kate's first my third, Alice will have a 34year old brother and a 36
year
>old sister.Here I was sailing into the sunset, I'd done my bit etc., now

>starting all over again.I was with Kate all through her labour and cut
>the cord,it was a very emotional experience, she was 8lbs.7ozs..
>
>Regards Leo------Drogheda

Congratulations, Leo & best wishes to all. The emotional experience
you experienced is beyond compare. I am thrilled to say I was there
for my three daughter's birthdays (& yes, they are emotional)!

To put this experience in a vocal perspective - I recall the article about
Byrn Terfel's return to the stage after his back surgery & rehabilitation
& in the article he related his regrets not to have been there for his
wife & the birth of his sons. I recall the day he & I spoke in Chicago
as he expressed gratitude for being able to hold our newborn daughter
Lucia Susana (Luci) - my older daughters were "supers" in Lyric of Chicago's
Le Nozze. As the run was coming to a close - he thanked my wife & I
for allowing him "the practice" & the opportunity to experience this
part of parenthood as he was awaiting the news that indeed he was
a father to be for a second time. I was happy for him & yet saddened
as he said he probably was not going to be around for the birth.
It's an experience that can never be forgotten as all your senses are
tuned up to such an adrenaline rush that quite possibly any other
life experience pales in comparison.

Again, best wishes to you!

E.V.

emusic.com