Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rocio Guitard" <rocioguitard@h...>
"Rocio Guitard" <rocioguitard@h...>
Date:  Mon Oct 30, 2000  4:17 am
Subject:  re: The "legit" sound

Dear Lloyd,

thank you for your explanation as well as the description on how the
definition of "legit" has been changing over the years. When referring to
the original definition, is that something which would be heard for example
in Porgy and Bess? I remember seeing that piece back in Munich when I first
started my interest in Musical Theatre, and I remember being quite surprised
to hear an operatic form of singing since most of the pieces I had seen
previously where pretty much the opposite, rather belted.

Best Regards,
Rocio Guitard

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6117 Re: The "legit" sound Lloyd W. Hanson   Mon  10/30/2000   2 KB
6241 Attempting the Bubble etc. Lloyd W. Hanson   Mon  11/6/2000   3 KB

emusic.com