Vocalist.org archive

From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Sat Oct 28, 2000  4:51 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] REP: organ/alto or harpsichord/alto

Tako Oda wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have an organist/harpsichordist friend with whom I'd like to perform
> more, but am utterly clueless as to what early repertoire is available
> specifically for keyboard and alto, as opposed to *continuo* and alto,
> which would imply the addition of a cellist or gambist.
>
> My guess is there is plenty of church stuff which is for organ and voice
> only... Is there any for harpsichord and voice only?
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Hi Tako,

If you're not restricting yourself to church music, there are lots of songs
by John Blow, Jeremiah Clarke, William Boyce, John Eccles and all the
English lutenists that have been transcribed for keyboard. Most of them are
of course written for continuo, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they
must be done with a bass instrument. The same goes for the Diverse Ayres on
Sundrie Notions (S. 99 44/100) by P.D.Q. Bach!

Cheers
Craig, Burnaby BC

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6087 Re: REP: organ/alto or harpsichord/alto Linda Fox   Sat  10/28/2000   3 KB

emusic.com