Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Fri Oct 27, 2000  2:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: SLS and the lowereed Larynx (WAS: About studyin...

In a message dated 10/27/00 9:05:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
linda@f... writes:
linda@f... writes:

<< am confused here. I haven't read any of Seth Riggs' work or studied
SLS (yet) but I ws under the impression from what I had read on Vocalist
(Randy and/or Rocio and/or another SLS devotee) that lowering the larynx
was one of the things that the method felt was _not_ a necessity. Or is
this just to counteract a habit of pulling it up?

I think I've misunderstood it somewhere.

cheers,

Linda >>

Low larynx exercises are used to counteract the tendency for the larynx to
rise, however it is not down by introducing a yawn in to the voice.

Randy Buescher
SLS Instructor

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6065 Re: SLS and the lowereed Larynx (WAS: About study Lloyd W. Hanson   Fri  10/27/2000   2 KB

emusic.com