Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Fri Oct 27, 2000  1:40 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Sitting & Singing

LMorgan923@a... wrote:

> I had a rather interesting experience with singing while sitting. A few
> years ago, I severely broke my ankle and could not stand for any length of
> time for about 6 weeks. I only missed a week of my choir job, so ended up
> singing sitting for almost a month and a half. Oddly enough, I found that my
> breathing improved while sitting, which led me to believe that my posture
> while standing was not what it should be.

Having had my share of ankle injuries, and being on the tail end of one at the
moment,
I've experienced this many times. With the good sitting-singing posture you
described, I
think sitting can sometimes help in getting touch with the right breath -
something about
the feel of the bottom of the chair, and having less of the body to line up
properly.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...