Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Thu Oct 26, 2000  1:56 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Entrenched Thinking or Pops VS Ops

Thank you, Tako!

I was thinking about an earlier thread in which we discussed how many of
the things that we now consider "classical" were actually "popular" in
their own time. Something becomes "classical" or "classic" because it
endures over time & not because it came from "better culture", academia
or wherever.

Pat
(Sorry, but I'm a couple of days behind on my e-mail!)

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:26:29 -0700 (PDT) Takeshi Oda <toda@m...>