Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Wed Oct 25, 2000  1:40 am
Subject:  Re: Entrenched Thinking or Pops VS Ops

Whoa, sorry! I didn't realize you were a philosophy quoting type.
I never would have wasted my time had I known. For a minute there, I
thought you were one of us mortals.

I hereby grant you the right to have the last word. I am very clearly
an ill-informed and stupid person, and have no place on this thread. Am
looking forward to talking about singing again!

bye,
Tako

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Caio Rossi wrote:

> Tako,
>
> I won't discuss this any further. You should read first about philosophy,
> politics, sociology, anthropology, etc before talking about something you
> don't have any idea of. You defended PC principles and then said you don't
> subscribe to them. You're talking about the American dream, and I'm talking
> about nation X international capitalism = American imperialism, I'm talking
> about relativism and Richard Rorty, and you are completely clueless of what
> that means and who he is, I'm talking about values, which are bias by
> nature, and you're advocating some kind of 'unbiased value' as value.
> I'm talking about Aristotles, Ortega y Gasset, Christopher Larch ( sp? ) ,
> Adorno, Giovanni Reale, Daniel Gluckstein, Rene Gueno and Hobsbawn ( BTW,
> only Larch is American! ). I don't think we're talking about the same thing.
>
> Whomever here thinks that has nothing to do with the topic, read the
> discussion all over again.

emusic.com