Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rocio Guitard" <rocioguitard@h...>
"Rocio Guitard" <rocioguitard@h...>
Date:  Tue Oct 24, 2000  7:10 pm
Subject:  Re: Mysterious attachments - explanation!!

Hi everyone,

I happen to moderate another list on eGroups and also happen to know what
those "attachments" are all about:

When you send an e-mail message you can choose the format you'd like to send
it in (at least most programs let you do so), that is, plain text or HTML
format. If you send a message to the list in HTML format, this will appear
as an attachment for those who can't read HMTL formatted e-mails (some AOL
users seem to have this problem). The digest version only accepts plain text
format as well and will just add a note saying that the message contained
attachments. For those who remember the original Vocalist days,
HTML-formatted e-mails appeared as half programming code with all kinds of
programming tags and we specifically asked for plain text messages only.
Here they appear as attachments, that's all.

In other words, choose plain text if you can when sending a post our way.
That's what I just did with this one and the "this message contained
attachments" tag should *not* appear below.

Best!
Rocio Guitard

emusic.com