Vocalist.org archive

From:  LMorgan923@a...
LMorgan923@a...
Date:  Tue Oct 24, 2000  12:42 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: The Vowel Line

In a message dated 10/23/2000 2:09:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
buzzcen@a... writes:
buzzcen@a... writes:

<< Why does this amaze anyone? Classical music and opera are, and will
continue
to be, a very small percentage of the marketplace. I love it too, but
business is business and if no one is buying they're not buying. >>

This is a publicly funded, non-profit, tax exempt business entity.
Non-profit, tax-exempt status is granted for businesses that serve the public
in a way which may not be commercially viable. Their entire mission is based
on providing a service that may not be self-supporting. Therefore, this
radio station's turn to broadcasting sports is inexcusable. If there's
anything that is commercially viable and available everywhere, it's sports
coverage. THAT's why it amazed me - they completely negated their mission
statement.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo soprano

emusic.com