Vocalist.org archive

From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Tue Oct 24, 2000  5:37 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Solo Repertoire for Baritone

Bill Alley wrote:
I would like some suggestions about solo Baritone repertoire with either
Trumpet or Flute.
I used to be a flutist, and there is not much written for baritone and flute.  Have you considered the Chanson Madécasse by Ravel for medium voice, flute/piccolo, cello and piano?  There is also O Ruddier than the Cherry from Acis and Galatea by Handel that is sometimes performed with piccolo instead of recorder.  You might also want to investigate the solo Church Cantatas by Telemann, most of the ones that have flute obligatto are written for medium voice.  There is also a little character piece by Keith Bissell called Overheard on a Saltmarsh for medium voice, flute and piano about a greedy goblin and some green glass beads.  It's available from the Canadian Music Centre  www.musiccentre.ca .That's all I can think of right now.  BTW how was your recital with organ?

Cheers
Craig, Burnaby BC

emusic.com